Monday, January 21, 2013

Introducing........Red Lolli

So, that's me!  Your blogger extraordinaire.......not tooting my own horn or anything!  I figured it was about time I introduce myself.  My name is Becky "Red Lolli" Harriss.  I'm a 27 year old music fanatic!  As some of you may know I'm the lead singer of a small time local band called Party Naked.  Not to worry, this blog is not intended to shamelessly promote MY band.  This page is for everyone else, and past this post you won't ever see me mention my band again!

I've been singing since I was in the uterus (most likely).  I play several instruments, have taken many many many music classes, and am well known for my eclectic taste in music.  I love everything from Billie Holiday to Otep to Gretchen Wilson to Twista.  I don't discriminate.  Good tunes is good tunes.  If you've got a jam that speaks to my soul, I'm gonna listen.

I appreciate REAL talent.  I don't like voice overs, I don't like auto tune, I don't like pre-recorded live shows.  I want real, in your face, I hear every mistake music.  Hence the reason I prefer a live show over a studio album.

Red Lolli is a nick name given to be my good friend Tim.  Red because of my hair (yes, it's chemically dependent), and Lolli because every time he talked to me, when he typed in LOL his auto correct suggested the word lollipop.  Hence a nickname that stuck.  I have others, but they aren't family friendly.

Anyway, now you know a little about me, and we're clear that my intentions are in no way selfish in nature.  I have love for every band I post on here, and have earned mutual respect from each of them.  I've obtained permission from each artist to use every photo on here, so please don't start screaming copyright shit.  Calm down, its all cool!  Most of the pictures have been emailed to me by the bands or artists themselves.

I'm getting ready to move this blog to a private .com address, and once that takes place things are going to get interesting!  My goal is to implement a star rating system, put up a monthly calendar of reviews, start posting concert dates for some of the bands I'm promoting, and last but not least, at the end of each month the band with the most views, comments, and stars will win an exclusive promotion including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube promos.  So if you're one of the bands, get your fans over here to vote for you.  If you're a fan, for pete's sake, pick a band and vote for them.

Remember first and foremost, this is a page about the love of music!  Please respect my opinion and the artist's feelings.  No haters.  Unless a Nicki Minaj fan shows up running their mouth.  Then by all means, everyone attack!!  Thanks for being a faithful reader!

Also you guys can check out more content by following me on Twitter @redlolli2012 or checking out the Facebook fan page at https://www.facebook.com/RedLolliMusic?ref=ts&fref=ts!!

XOXOXOXO Much love guys and gals!  - Lolli



***Have a band?  Know a band you want to see reviewed?  Send me an email and some links @ redlollimusic@yahoo.com***

No comments:

Post a Comment