Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Public Service Announcement

This blog is called "Hidden GEMS in the Music Industry", not hidden crap.  Let me explain what that means and how this works.  Every week I receive tons of emails from bands, managers, publicists, etc. asking me to check out their stuff.  I read about them, do some research, listen to clips, watch videos, etc.  Once I've done all of that, if I decide that I really enjoy their stuff, if I feel that they are very talented, if I see them going places, etc. I will feature them in an article.  I will inform the general public of their existence, what their sound is like, what I particularly like about them, and so on and so forth.  If I don't like the stuff I get, it's simple.  I don't write about it.  If you are looking for a thrash it or trash it type review, it's not here.  The "reviews" may contain some criticism IF I'm reviewing a specific album, show, or video from a band that has been previously featured.  I'm not trying to write a blog telling you what music NOT to listen to.  That in no way means I won't occasionally voice my opinion about popular music that I don't like.  The point of this PSA is simply this, either you like the content or you don't.  If you don't, so sorry, but there's a simple solution.  Go find a blog with content that you DO like.  I won't allow comments that are rude, bitchy, demeaning, generally stupid, etc. be published.  There's no need to insult.  A simple "I didn't like that band" or "God, that band was amazing" will suffice.  I encourage commenting and conversing back and forth, but let's keep it peaceful guys!  I do moderate the comments, and I won't let anyone be just downright hateful.  Your opinion is fine, but your insults won't post!  Thanks for reading guys!!  xoxoxoxo -Lolli

No comments:

Post a Comment