Monday, January 21, 2013

Girl on Fire

Seattle rock band Girl on Fire was another new one to me!  Someone suggested that I check them out.  I hit up my trusty Spotify, and checked out the five songs that were available.  I really liked what I heard so I decided to check out their Facebook fan page.  I noticed in their photos that they have done a show with James Durbin, who is another one of my favorites.  At that point I decided, "Yep.  I'm going to contact them about an article".  I sent the messages and e-mails, and sure enough, they gave me the okay to do a write up!  So here we go!

This band reminds a lot of All That Remains.  A very heavy musical sound with crisp Muse type vocals.  They definitely fit well within their genre!  Something that really stands out for them though is their ability to stop everything but one instrument and vocals and bust out some seriously amazing harmonies!  The first track I noticed it on was "Revenge".  It's a very heavy song, then it breaks down into only a piano.  The vocals come in, do about 15 seconds worth of harmony, and then it's right back into heavy!  The stark contrast of the two sounds give it a very gothic feel.  The other song it really stood out on was Medicate, but instead of piano this time it was drums.  A little less gothic feel and a little more hair metal, but equally great!
They're song "Panic" has a slight Marilyn Manson feel, vocally.  Another good one to check out!

All five songs that I listened to were really catchy.  The band has one album released, "Revenge EP".  It's a very well mastered album.  They have done shows with James Durbin, Last Chance Hero, Fall From Grace, Aiden, and Burn Halo.  You can find their stuff on iHeart Radio, Spotify, YouTube, and more!  These guys are really heading for the big time!  Check them out!  Click the links below!

Austin Held - Voice
Nick McMahan - Guitar
Josh Mouser - Bass
Harry MacDonald - Drums





***Have a band?  Know a band you want to see reviewed?  Send me an email and some links @ redlollimusic@yahoo.com***

No comments:

Post a Comment