Monday, January 21, 2013

Like A Storm



I'm very excited to bring this review to you guys!  It's has been a major work in progress, and I have been working very closely with the band's publicity/media/booking manager, Lena!  This is definitely a treat for the Like A Storm fans out there!  So without further ado.....

As I sit here writing, I'm jamming out to the band's newest album Chaos Theory Pt. 1.  With guitar riffs rivaling those of Godsmack, Disturbed, and Seether this album is seriously hard core!  The vocals remind me of older Finger Eleven, and maybe a little bit of Killswitch Engage.  This band combines the best sounds of some of my favorite bands into one, and it comes out flawlessly!  Hands down one of my favorite up and coming bands, Like A Storm is making their presence known!  

Opening major tours for bands such as Creed, Shinedown, Alter Bridge, and Puddle of Mudd the band, originally from New Zealand, has gained a pretty big US following!  Their debut album "The End of the Beginning" entered Billboard charts at #61!  That just goes to show what a fan base they gained from their tours guys!

My first experience with Like A Storm was in Nashville, TN in 2009.  I saw them open for a double bill Staind and Creed.  I was second row, and I'll never forget the moment the guys took the stage and busted out the most amazing cover of Man in the Box by AIC I have ever heard!  I had never heard any of their songs, and didn't really know who they were at all, but by the 3rd song of their set I was jumping up and down and screaming for them like a small child at Christmas.  After their set, the guys came out to the crowd to watch the rest of the show.  Bonus!  They sat with me and my husband!  There was a little boy sitting behind us who was celebrating his birthday, and we mentioned it to Chris Brooks (lead singer).  He instantly turned around and told the kid happy birthday and handed him a guitar pick!  I'm telling you he made that kid's night!  I got to sit and jam with them, and then after the show they autographed a poster for me, and I had a picture taken with them.  I still have the poster proudly hanging on my wall!  

Last year, I noticed that their first single "Chemical Infatuation" was available for purchase on Rock Band.  I flipped out with excitement and bought it immediately!  Some of you die hard Rock Band players may have heard of them that way, and if you haven't heard of them at my house, you will before you leave!  I'm so wildly impressed by the music that these guys come out with, it's hard not to show them off!

Another major note on the character of the guys I should mention is that they have been voted "Most Fan Friendly Band" two years in a row!  These guys really do go above and beyond for each fan!  For you lady readers, I also have to say that every one of them is yummy.  Soooooo good looking!!  Let's just say, I wouldn't kick them out of bed for eating cookies.

There are several really great songs that I recommend you check out!  I really enjoyed their cover of "Gangster's Paradise".  I also really love "Chemical Infatuation" and "Six Feet Under".  There are several ways that you can find them, so my advice is follow the links below and check out their stuff!  Once my new calendar app goes live, I will be tour information in for them so that maybe you can catch a live show!  I love this band guys, and if you like the rock scene, you're going to love them too!  Truly talented, sexy, fan-friendly guys!!  Give them some love in the comments!!

CHRIS BROOKS
Lead Vocals, Guitar, Keys/Programming & Didgeridoo

MATT BROOKS
Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar & Keys/Programming

KENT BROOKS
Bass, Vocals, Guitar & Keys/Programming

www.likeastorm.com = main website
www.facebook.com/likeastormofficial
www.youtube.com/officiallikeastorm = YouTube channel
www.thestormwatchers.com = fan club site 

All Photo credit: Dustin Larsen - PurMgmt.com


***Have a band?  Know a band you want to see reviewed?  Send me an email and some links @ redlollimusic@yahoo.com*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment